Monday, August 27, 2012

Level 7 - Level Boss

Last Week's Quests - Failed!

I had my first day of work at my new job. My friend, Stan, got me work at this hotel he works at. I had my interview and my first day the following afternoon. My new boss basically threatened me in the interview that if I do poorly, they will fire my friend for putting in a good word for me. Apparently weddings are big at this hotel and so there is a wedding every Saturday. From that point I have decided that I will make working with me extremely difficult for him. My boss, not my friend.



My first night working involved serving people food at a Lithuanian wedding. If you had to ask me what a Lithuanian wedding was I would have to say it is a lot like a drunken party in a 1980s food court. There was a ton of neon lighting in pink and blue along with people who were practically sweating alcohol. The most interesting part of the night wasn't the wedding, but the guy who was training me. I still am not full sure I understand him. He kept telling me to do specific things and then abruptly clarify that he wasn't my boss so I didn't necessarily have to do the very things he told me to do all while muttering it. Kid you not, he would say, "Ok, well, uh, you should serve them from the right and remove the plate from the left. That's just something I do, I mean, you don't have to do it. Also, lets try to serve the women first, but we don't have to, I mean, I'm not your boss or anything."

Status Effect - [Confused]

I can't tell if he was being extremely nice or extremely passive aggressive. I still haven't figured out how to cheer up Paul at all, but something should come up sooner or later.

This Week's Quests: 
  • Devise ways to cheer up Paul
  • Devise ways to infuriate new boss
  • Get used to the new job
  • Write for fun
To Be Continued...
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment